We are Kansas City’s Specialists for Foundation Repair and Water Damage Restoration
Kansas City Foundation Repair is here to provide the best solution for homeowners experiencing damage with their foundations.
If you have noticed cracks in your homes foundation, water leaking into your basement or general disrepair of your foundation walls, then we are here to help.
We will help you to quickly locate the source of the problem and offer you the superior foundation repair solution. All of our solutions are tailored for your home. We provide original, warrantied products with fully qualified and certified technicians.
Signs of Failed Foundation
If you suspect foundation failure at home, there are several key signs that help detect if it is in need of repair. Here are some common problems we’ve seen in homes resulting in a need for foundation repair services.
- Bowing or cracked basement walls
- Doors and windows that stick or do not close
- Cracks in drywall or ceiling
- Step cracks between bricks
- Water leaking through cracks in the basement walls
The Causes of Failure in a Foundation
- Evaporation: Hot and dry conditions can move soil away from the foundation. Settlement due to this imbalance could cause moisture foundation cracks appearing throughout the structure.
- Perspiration: Tree roots can dehydrate the soil beneath a house causing soil shrinkage and house settlement.
- Leaking plumbing: Water leaking from pipes is often a major contributor to foundation problems.
- Sewer system: Inadequate drainage will lead to excessive moisture building up, which could erode or consolidate soils. Excessive moisture can cause agitation or rearrangement.
- Poor soil conditions: Poor soils, organic components, debris, etc., can cause expansion or consolidation, contributing to failures foundation.
- Poor Construction Site Preparation: Cut and fill situations where the dirt is removed from the lot and stacked on another, must have adequate soil stabilization before the structure is built; otherwise this may cause unexpected movement of the ground beneath the foundation.
- Poor Ground Preparation: Cut and fill situations must be adequately prepared before starting the structure or it may result in improperly compacted soil below the foundation.
The Repair Options Available to You.
While there are many methods to successfully repair the foundation, there are four methods that tend to be the most successful in most situations. When we arrive at your location we will customize and repair method that is specific to your home. The four methods that are most commonly used in Kansas City are:
- The Bell Bottom Pier Method — This is the most thoroughly researched concrete slab repair method on the market today. This is also the method that we try to use in most situations.
- The Pressed Piling Method — This is the most common method of foundation repair. It is particularly popular in places with soft, clay rich soil. With this method, depressed pilings are made from a series of precast concrete cylinders. The cylinders are installed in holes under the house and then use the weight of the house to drive the cylinders deep into the ground.
- The Pressed Piling with Inserts Method — The pressed piling with inserts method uses the same technique as the method above, except the cylinders are reinforced to give them more stability.
- The Steel Piling Method — pressed steel pilings are primarily used where conditions are drier and soils are sandy, which provides a harder layer for the concrete pilings.
The Benefits of Early Detection and Repair
Generally, damage to the foundation occurs gradually and is often not noticed until it becomes visible through cracks or jammed doors. Making repairs early prevents the damage from getting worse. Foundations never repair themselves and therefore they must be addressed quickly.
As foundations become worse, the expense increases for the homeowner. This is why we always say that one of the biggest benefits of repairing problems early is that it simply saves money.
Why Kansas City Foundation Repair?
We are a local company located at 10518 Mersington Avenue Kansas City, Missouri 64137 and provide the latest and most advanced technologies. We provide individual and personalized service and always with the technologies and equipment on the market. We are very aware that repairing a foundation is not something that anyone plans for. It can be stressful, confusing and sometimes overwhelming. This is why we try to take a very personal approach to remove as much stress as possible and provide a quick and easy solution for each of our customers. We are here to fix the problem.